Donnerstag, 29. Juni 2017

Lucky day

Thursday, 29th June, Day 7: Ohtanajärvi - Vinsa

I am writing this post in English again. Guess, why ^^ But letˋs start from the beginning...

I start at Lillemorˋs small paradise at 7 hrs in the morning. I slept so good and we spent a very nice last evening together with the kids and the animals, watching Junas stunt show with the Quad and playing Yazey with Nelly. I felt so welcome at this place that it is hard to leave, but the road is waiting ^^

After passing Korpilombolo I can turn around a page of my map. WHAT a great moment ... and then it is gone.

We do a lot of breaks today due to my swollen knee, but walking is better than expected. My hips are fine today and I guess my friend Luca was right, when he said: "You can only really enjoy that everything is fine, when somethng was hurting before" ^^

We spend the lunch break at Finnijoki, a really nice place to be.

Finnijoki

So kilometers and kilometers pass by - without an oppurtunity to sleep. Also the traffic is a lot more than two days ago. After 28 kilometers we reach Vinsa and met Roger in his garden. We talk and he offers that we can stay overnight - oh happy day!!! Santano sleeps in his reindeer barn and Qaanaaq and me in the tent. Roger needs to go to the city and takes me for shopping. And then he helps me with my (never ending) hopefully now ended tent-problem, because Steven and Benkkuˋs sticks unfortunately doesnˋt fit. Santano discovers an open part of the fence and goes for a small walk in the village, but the neighbour finds him and calls. In the end, everything is fine: The tent is built up, Santano is back, I have a shower and a warm dinner ... and Dad will envy me for a piece osf smoked Reindeer ^^

... and now you know the reason, why this post is written in English again. THANK YOU, ROGER!!!

1 Kommentar:

  1. If you want to come and visit us in Botsmark you are more then welcome. We have a big house and stable.
    My name is Zandra Nilsson.
    Find me at Facebook or messenger and we can work something out.

    AntwortenLöschen